Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Tiny Glass people

She watches movies about people who put other people's tears into perfume bottles.  And she wishes that they'd take hers.
Cause she is drowning in them.
But if she'd only put those feelings on a nick nack shelf and forget them, then she'd probably get through her day just a little better then she gets through her own glass bottles.

                                     Tiny   Glass  People
                                                   By  ;     
                                     Jessica   Singleton   

                             Dear  Diary ,  

You know that you hid something a long time ago in your childhood when you go back there just to get away from being an adult.
I realized that when I kept buying dolls and eating treats like a five year old when I got upset.
But I collect dolls and there are millions of American's with nick nack shelves.   Who is to say that I do not just like that kind of thing? 

                                      Dear Diary , 

I ate out last month night.  It has been that long. I got my mail and I got this paperwork from this odd company that I used to work for. They owed me money.  I do not mean a 20 dollar check.  I mean millions of dollars.  They put me through this letter about signing papers.  They said that if I gave them my credit card number, they could wire the money to me.
So I did just that.
Then they said that they needed me to open a checking account to get my money.  I did that.
Then they only gave me 21 thousand dollars.  I ask the bank if they got the amount wrong?/
The bank said that is all there was.
Then I contacted the company.
They said that I got the correct amount.  
That was wrong.
I'd kept all that paperwork.
So I went to a lawyer.
He said I got screwed somewhere along the way. 
The lawyer looked into it.
Well, I am guessing that dip head company found out.
They did not want a lawsuit.
So I a check in the mail.  IT was for what I was originally owed.

The check totaled a little over 250 million dollars.

Go figure.
I do not keep up with this thing that often.


                              Dear   Diary  ,    

I got a new job.  I am so excited.  I got a writing contract with a European company.  They have me write ideas for them.  I get paid every week . They wire me money.
So I do not have to worry about trusting them.
They do not treat me like crap.
I moved to a flat near a hospital.
They fixed all my health problems.
I am so happy and healthy.
I got that clock that I wanted.


                                   Dear   Diary,

 Today things are odd.... I found a haunting story in the newspaper.  The whole town is taken in by it's history.  I actually had the time to go look at it.
I did.
I went to this great old girl and I got to do a walk through.
Oh thank God.
I was so happy.


                                           Dear   Diary ,
 Today I went to the ocean.  I do not swim.  I had a picnic with Michael.  He wanted to show me a book he bought.  I talked to him about that author that we both like.  We contemplated his work for over an hour. We really got along.  He is my best friend.


                                       Dear  Diary , 
I live happy and healthy.  Nothing could be better.  My boyfriend wants to marry me.  

                                             One   
                                                                   
I am not married.  I live on my own now.  The diary entries above are only an excuse of why I own my own home.  
I could not decide where to live.  I hate the sound of horns.  I am not a dog or a clown.  Why would anyone want a loud horn blazing in their ear at three in the morning?  You'd think that if you lived in a city, there would be a ring leader handing out tickets.
I did not want to be so far out in the middle of no where that it was a problem. 
 So I made a decision to be in the middle with it.  I found a home that was a few miles outside of town.  That way it was not out in the middle of no where.  But if you were not looking for it, you'd never find it. Plus I could not hear city lights in my bedroom.

I took in a pet.  I got an outside shelter dog.  Only for an alarm.  Living out in the country , does keep you alone.  You'd probably sleep right through foot steps.

I got a cat to live inside with me.  
A well trained cat that did not act like a maniac .  No one wants that.  It is never entertaining to deal with cats.  You have to want them around. They are the most beautiful creatures on earth, besides birds but they are insane.

This cat was great.

My story is not about living expenses or animals.
I started going to church again.  I found a place in the city that was very small.  They were good people.  They only want to worship GOD. So I did not have that burden of them using church as an excuse to form relationships.  Only some people are that pathetic.
I only wanted to go there to hear the word of God.  I did not want to feel molested by anyone.
Anyway there was a woman there who talked to me one Sunday after church.
She was older.  She owned a home out in the country too. She said that she had bought the house from her sister over 40 years ago.  She never went through any of the stuff that was piled up in the back rooms.
Old Victoria she called that house.  She told me that she knew that I liked dolls.  She ask me if I would like to help her clean the place.  She could pay me by letting me have anything that I wanted out of the mess.  She assured me that I would want to help.
I agreed.  Not because I wanted anything.  Because I wanted to help someone out.
I liked her from the moment that I saw her.  She looked like my grandmother.  I missed my own.
So the next week around Tuesday, I drove out to her place.
We had lemon- tea and cookies on the porch .  We talked about the weather and some of the thrift shops in town.
She told me how she used to go out to eat and then stroll the shops.  Only to window shop.
I told her about the neat lighting fixtures that I'd found when I moved to this town.
Then we got started.  She kept the back rooms cleaned.  She told me she wanted all that old stuff taken out and thrown away or I could keep it.
The clothes could be donated to the good will.
Then she said that she wanted the floors swept, mopped and the windows cleaned.  I did not see how this could be hard.  The rooms were packed.  Most of the stuff was only bulky.  Broken one legged chairs, picture frames and boxes of old clothes.  The dolls were not many. 
There were about 7 dolls.  They were vintage but not antiques.  They were in very good shape considering their ages.
Most of the dolls were made in the 1930's.  There was only one baby doll from the 1960's.  
I swept and I mopped both rooms.  I took the old wood  works, meaning the chairs and frames to be burnt out in a pile.  The boxes of clothes we drove into town for the good will.
They must have laughed when they opened those boxes.  Those clothes must have been covered in dust.
I got the dolls.  She made me a chicken salad sandwich and insisted that I stay for lunch.
Then I went home with my lovely dolls.
The moment that I pulled into my own drive way, I would have sworn that I heard an odd noise.
Like  a child's distant laughter or a bird.  I could not make it out.
Three days into the dolls being with me, and I found them in a new place.
Just as you would expect ,
I originally put them on a dresser.
They must have got up on their own.
They moved to the dinning room table.
They were set up to look like they were having a tea party.
A few months after that, I got home from work and I found the UPS man at my door.
He said he was a bit early with my package. I said that is okay. Do you need me to sign.
He said no but he ask me if I had a daughter? That confused me a little.  
I said I do not have a daughter.
He said that a child was on my porch.
She told him that I was not home.
None the less on time, I had a package.
It was not much.
New cellphone case.
Mine broke.
I assumed it was a neighbor kid. 
Probably picking my flowers.
I bet she did not want to get caught.
Someone had been stealing out of my garden.
But I had not caught them yet.
There are only two things little girls are good for.
Picking flowers
and
Winning you over.
I took my box inside of my home.
When I got into the house,
I saw her.
I blinked thinking that the sunlight was in my eyes.
No it was a child.
She looked vintage.
She had one of the dolls that I brought home.
She smiled and ran off.
I looked all over that house and I could not find her.
I went back to the church lady's home.
I ask her about the dolls and her sister.
She told me the truth.
Her sister died of scarlet fever when they were children.
Her sister's ghost would not leave.
She knew she was getting older.
She knew there would come a day when she could not take care of her sister anymore.
So she wanted to find her a good home.
I was okay with that.
She was not a monster.
Besides my cat took to her too.

                                    The   End  


No comments:

Post a Comment