Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Remember my memory by Jessica Singleton

God please don't let them 
steal my mind 
the way they have destroyed my soul. 
 I am not obsessed. 
I can't stand them anymore. 
But please don't let 
the world steal my memory.
 Because all I have left 
is what hurts to remember. 
Please God don't leave me. 


I keep scars 
on my diary wall.
I don't cover up 
the pain with
 lies or shadows. 
I can hear it echo 
when I open my little book. 
But that is not 
half the noise 
as the proof 
that screams inside of me. 
I take a deep breath 
and 
I just turn from
 all the silhouettes 
that model 
for the bathroom door.
They are shadows 
in footnotes to history 
and they seal their own fate 
with all their lies and games. 
I'm free from 
persecution tonight.
I don't pay attention 
to the witch trials.
I live in my own head.
The only covenant 
that I have made 
is with God in Heaven. 
Only God can understand 
a translation like this. 
His ears are bilingual to insanity.
His arms are the only 
prescription that I need. 

🍷🦉🔯✡️🔯✡️✝️🕎🔯✡️

He keeps the midnight hour 
He walks into my beam to 
Address everything 
I can't focus on.
And praying to him, 
releases the rusted bent staircase
 that hardly holds me up.
He has put up with me 
for far to long
And he does not complain 
He makes me feel like
 I am with an old friend. 
And I can't thank him 
enough for the grace 
he has given me.
Without his presence, 
I would not be much more 
than a glass egg .
And thankfully he has 
a sense of humor. 
I must be a constant project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment