Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Scars of Yesterday a short story by me Jessica A Singleton

Broken down sitting at your feet,
I know you'll see me down cause
there is not a moment when you're not watching me.
I have little respect for you.
You might notice this and it pisses you off more.
And I cannot take much more, so I blink and breathe in and then out.
Then I apologize for your mistakes.
I take it all on likes its mine alone.
Thats about how it will end to.
I know someday you'll find your own time is wasted and gone, but until
eternity finally wakes up, then I all I have is the scars of yesterday.
They wrap themselves around me.
Taking away any part of me that is still visible.
So I look like a giant road map.
Am I left without the ones that I loved forever?
I know the answer to that leaves me looking the other way.
All I have left is the scars of yesterday.



There is a lamp that has been burning bright since 3 AM.  That is when the insomnia kicked in.  I thought at that hour, a bathroom break and a sip of water would relax whatever part of me wanted to go to wake up.
The witching hour is the moment when the doors open from this world to the next.  But like the unsettled spirits of the world, I was up for good.
I did not find rest.
I even tried breathing exercises.  No luck there either.
What I did find though was a box full of pictures that made me remember yesterday.  Everything that I thought that I'd put away.
Every life is a life.
The moment it begins to breathe on its own.
No life should weigh less then any other one.
I read a magazine and I counted the socks in my sock drawer.
Alone is silent but it is familiar.
It is weird to be around anyone for longer then it takes to say hello.
No one was ever there.
But I promised myself that I would get past this and someday it would be fixed.
I hate most of Hollywood.
Watching movies does not please me the way it once did.
Now I just want to avoid anything that reminds me of yesterday.
But once I awoke, I got a call and I got into a new apartment building.
I have no idea why that helped but it did.
I got so lucky.
Then I got my life back.
I never had problems sleeping again.
I was not treated like dog meat either.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment