Thursday, February 9, 2017

The Gift of Honesty Poem by Jessica Singleton

                                             The Gift Of Honesty 
                                                          By;
                                              Jessica   Singleton
                                                     ( Poem  )

Pure as it looks.
Forgotten and broken so easily.
Children's eyes project slideshows of
everything that cannot be reckoned or fixed.
The damage such a word can cause.
White noise
Promise 
Sweet release kept inside
Bandaid covered time
Take it back
But once it sounds the bells
nothing can erase the cry.
And when my hands slid down that moon face,
it runs out and it cannot find a life here again.
If anything I ever did made you cry like that.
Then I'm sorry that I lied.
Cause I love you that much
that I'd hide whatever it'd take to keep you here with me.
Safe in my arms.
I will not turn your eyes away again.
Because I love you enough to not break you a second time.



No comments:

Post a Comment