Monday, May 29, 2017

Newer poems from my notebook. by me

Pencil   Case 
By;  Jessica Singleton
I own a lot of pencils.
I have so much to say.
But by the time -
I find a piece of paper
all my pencils have all rolled away.
So I saved up
and I bought myself
 a pencil packing case.
To house my little friends.
Then it was a loss again.
Because my pencils poked a hole in the plastic liner.
Then they all rolled away again.
I can hardly hold
my words inside of me.
But every time I try to share myself with everything inside of my life,
everything runs away from me.

Deleterious Salacious
By;  Jessica  Singleton

I asked for my father's bible.
It seems so insignificant to others.
Even petty.
But it is an honor to own your father's bible, once he has passed away.


Prevarication
By ; Jessica  Singleton

It is sad that you do not have your own soap box to stand on.
When you're putting twice your shoe size in your own mouth.
I should not be punished for your sins
anymore then you should profit off of your own lies.
My personal hell is not your daily bread.
I do not have to apologize to you just because you do not want to take responsibility.
I do not know if you lie to yourself ,
the way you pretend with others.
But your lack of culpability is only shadowed by your lack of tact.
You'd think that you'd see anything wrong with the clamor that slithers from your own decay.
But you are insignificant there too.

Vociferous Detainment
By; Jessica Singleton

Trapped with a lie.
Scratchy feeling
pealing at my insides.
They are desperate and deleterious.
Only when they cry in sign language does it echo in my mind.
But I am not allowed
to show any emotion.
Trapped again
or
I'm punished for their own sins and their ignorance.

PSEUDOWDOWHORE
By; Jessica  Singleton

There comes a knock at the door.
There is a black bird at the ledge.
Answers to lies
broken eyes
You come with instructions.
Sad that you let yourself become a cliche to your own joke.
It is like watching a pathetic excuse become the reason for a good lie.
Over used and never memorized.
Taught to only bubblegum wrappers.

Box Dial
By; Jessica Singleton

Box set Television has it's own coffin with an adjustable remote.
Slide to your fate
cards sent to late.
Forgotten until te next holiday.
Rusty excuse told to the deaf.
Rusty excuse is about to pop its own springs.
Old and tired.
You're a pathetic excuse for a man.
To bad you are not innocent enough to be a child.

Dead Despair
By; Jessica Singleton

Dead Despair
God help me,
I'm already there.
Don't whisper lies.
Tell them all your lullabies.
Take it back.
Take it in.
All that you spread around.
All that you believe in.
He is focused on the past.
Telling the pages to hold his place.
Never leaving the clock.
He has all my time.
He has consumed my mind.
He has stolen and broken my heart.
He is down in the chair.
Dead Despair.
Cloaked in his own nightmare.
Parlor boy basket case.
Breathing in stale air.
Do promise to take care.
Passing judgement on.
Shaking hands with them all.
Making deals on borrowed time.
Get back in the line.
Dead Despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment