Monday, December 18, 2017

Sapphire Butterfly 🦋

When
By
Jessica Singleton

When everyone is ready
Then we will all know
That you finally have what
you do not need at all.
What you need is not up to me.
All you want is whoever is
Willing to jump at your commands
Another leash that only traps you.
They all fill the void.
Because you don't want to make time
To settle down with what is the missing piece.
You just walk away to the boardwalk
You lingered there and now when you
Finally take the time to go home
Your home will be empty.


My eyes are kaleidoscopes tonight
Everyone can see it.
Everyone but you.
Because you never cared at all.
You were never there when it
really mattered the most.
And you're not sorry.
That would explain your intentions
But if you ever cared about me
Then you could at least be sorry
that I got hurt.

💔
I'm so angry
Silent inside
You would never see the clouds brewing
Thin sheet of ice
I'm afraid more of what this is going to cause
Of how damaged I am.
I'm afraid I will go hysterical
And go off on the wrong person
Everyone seems to enjoy my pain
More than what they enjoy paying for it.
I have enough lines on my hands to navigate a new world
Didn't they tell you
It's a high wire act.
I'm on display
But the sad story
Is that I'm the only one not acting.
I can walk
I will find my way
Then the curtain will expose the 3 ring show
And I will be free.
🦋🦉

Opal colored intentions
By
Jessica singleton

I read about the ingredients to little girls once
My mother mapped out the universe
With a flying goose and a Beatles song about an octopus garden.
Little girls were made of nice things.
I did not understand that until I became a woman
Then I could understand the antinuclear difference
Between nice and not nice at all
Little men are the opposite of everything that is
Considered text book theory.
I myself will not stand for nonsense as a grown woman who still believes in fairytales.


The opal kingdom
By
Jessica singleton

She had eyelashes that could take flight.
She lived and survived the revolution.
The truth was set free on a Sunday afternoon.
The sky was the darkest shade of wine.
Her story that brought her home started before the war broke out.

I heard she wore crystals and pewter.
But her bones and her heart were the only things made from glass.
It is a fact that gargoyles stood on
castles to ward off evil.
Some keep dragons but
This queen kept mermaids in a
sea outside her castle.
When anyone approached the castle gates
The mermaids would leap out of the water and turn into song birds.
Their enchanted wind chimes would alert
The queen that a knight was near.

No comments:

Post a Comment