Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Gillian cannot be that pathetic

Who gave you a lift

By 

Jessica Singleton 

I don't know 
who gave you 
the right to play god 
with other people's lives. 
But now all of your lies 
and 
desecration 
has tangled a widows quilt.
And you walk around 
Repeating your victim's 
pleading screams 
Like you're giving 
a commencement Speech 
to accompany 
your accomplishments. 
Pathetic - 
 how your lies 
reflect your own 
sadly lit life. 
And that dead end road 
That you've been milking 
All these years 
Is finally coming to 
a complete stop. 
I don't deserve 
to hand you anything.
And 
my mind , 
words , 
money 
and 
sanity 
is not yours 
to have & hold. 



--

Photo frame 

By 

Jessica Singleton 

I had a stack of memories 
in my lower dresser drawer. 
I never took the time 
to spend enough time 
paying attention to the dust. 
Now I have all these 
empty picture frames 
and the drawer is flipped over. 
I don't have anymore film 
And 
My mind is a storm. 
I can remember 
bits and pieces 
of yesterday .
Of the 
Memories 
That I couldn't hold onto...
Until they were spilt out on the floor. 
All that empty extra space 
Makes me feel alone and small. 
And God is my only happy thought 
And god is the only strength I have left. 


Walking by the crowd 

By 

Jessica singleton 


I notice the moon 
more than I used to 
when I was surrounded. 
But now I'm alone. 
And I noticed other things.
Like how much 
I miss my family 
But
How pathetic 
all those passerbys are. 
They are like lost birds. 
They float around 
looking for worms.
They share 
breathtaking moment.
So I find myself feeling 
sorry for them. 
Because I know that 
they will never find 
a harbor or lighthouse. 
I pray for people that I should hate.





No comments:

Post a Comment