Thursday, December 1, 2016

The inside of my jewelry box a poem by me

The Inside of my Jewelry Box by Jessica Singleton

The color of Valentine's Day cards
wrapped around a purple sky.
Dusted in my moonlit day dreams.
Swept me away in a fairy-tale. 
I did not cry today like I did yesterday. I did not wake up.
And it kept me alive.
I did not want to die.
It's embrace calmed me from my mirror.
That is not my release.
My release comes from within.
And it sings me to sleep.
I wake up breathless.
I fall asleep in fantasy and I don't want anything to happen to these keep sake boxes.  
Because as unhappy as I was before, would only echo inside of whats left of me.
I know I should push it away while I can.
Something like that will belong to anyone else the day that I wake up.




No comments:

Post a Comment