Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Chance by Jessica Singleton

It's hard to look away 
when all you 
have ever wanted 
is standing beside you 
but 
it's harder to stay 
in the place 
that will only 
remind me 
of what 
I will never have. 
I offered you everything 
for nothing once before.
And 
you wanted everything 
but me. 
Now you need my help. 
I wish you would 
not say things 
that you can't take back. 
You felt so right-
That once long ago 
You taught me blind faith. 
I believed in you 
Until you were 
exposed as a myth. 
Now I have 
a stack of diaries 
that have turned into 
broken fairytales. 
I say the most 
Horribly beautiful things.
I hurt you with my pain.
You are a beautiful fantasy 
mixed in with a dream. 
You are lucky.
You always will be.
Because unlike me-
Someone actually 
cares about you.  
And 
On some shelf 
I still love you. 
I'm careful of you now. 
I will never break again. 
This time- 
I will be an old friend 
rather then an asylum 
full of regret.







No comments:

Post a Comment