Friday, September 14, 2018

The way I feel by jessica singleton

He never showed up 
and 
He took off in the 
other direction too soon. 
I never had a chance 
to understand him. 
In fact no one really did. 
I'm sorry but old calendars are worthless unless you save the pretty pictures. 
Although I have no idea what to do with pretty pictures of things that don't exist. 
I'm not ashamed of falling in love with a beautiful picture.
I'm not ashamed that I am human. 
I guess it's easier for people who can't control you-
To just manipulate you. 
They try to make me feel like there is something wrong with me because I don't want to be isolated and abused.
By that clarity-
I believe there is 
something extremely 
wrong 
but 
it's with them and not me. 
You have no idea how much life has belittled me and abandoned me. 
Not all the blame is his. 
Life is not a man. 
You would feel really good right now. 
You could wrap yourself around me and keep me until I can breathe again. 
I'm curious who will come next. 
They never really cared?
They scare too easy and they love everything else.
You don't come off desperate and virginal.
So if you said you wanted and needed me too, maybe you would actually mean it. 
It's not just your eyes but you're good looking. 
It's too bad I can't make you mine other then in my head.
But you are welcome within reason. 
I don't sleep with married men and I don't want to get sick. 

It is completely open to you and you don't have to get on your knees. 

I would be happy to except you. 








No comments:

Post a Comment