Monday, September 17, 2018

Philip by Jessica singleton

Philip was standing in a window overlooking the blue waters of the raging sea. The storm made the world into a beautiful pallet. The sea was safe in it's cradle from the world. 
Philip was safe from the storm in his picture window. 
The sea's arms beat against the rocks and cliffs like an orchestra conductor at a stand with a stick in his hands. 
The sky was the percussion section but it looked more like it should be playing violins and cellos , that were imitating a very sad poem.

How could such desecration cause such a masterpiece?

He was visited by his sister Gabriella . She brought him a package. For his birthday he was given three different books.
One was a first edition Blake.
The second a bible from the early 1970's.
The third a leather bound diary.

Because Philip kept his thoughts privately written. After the war, it became impossible for Philip to want to communicate verbally. 

Philip had requested his father's bible after the war killed him. 
It was all he had left from the only man who was never there.
But the Bible was not his father's bible.
Philip yelled at his sister.
She loved her brother. 
It was nice they found each other after the war. 
It was nice to know that you were not alone. 
That you had family.
But Philip made her think that she did something wrong when he yelled. 
Philip had a lot of bottled up anger. 
He had suffered from the war more than the soldiers fighting.
Philip wasn't thinking about Gabby's feelings. Philip had never told Gabriella exactly what the war had done to him. 
The warhead constantly covered up the truth until the truth ended the war.
Then nothing could cover it up. 
Thousands of people were murdered but Philip's  entire family was slaughtered like animals.  They were called anti semantic names because they were Jews . Their pictures were burned . Their property and everything of value was stolen by the people who did it . The warhead then pocketed the worth of the people they murdered. Philip was orphaned by the war and all he had left was one picture of his family and a request request to own his father's Bible.
Philip was so happy when he found out that he had a sister That was alive . he felt like the last of its kind.
Philip didn't think about Gabriella's feelings when he started yelling because he wasn't yelling at Gabrielle in his mind he was yelling about a bad situation. A situation that had gone on for far too long. Just so the guilty  people could keep covering up the truth and taking what you have and replacing it with something that wasn't even close to it . Just so they can control your life and cause more problems and get away with it. 
Gabriella didn't know how to find Philip's father's Bible . She didn't ask because she didn't think about how it would matter . She just figured he wanted a Bible. 
Gabby was distant from Philip for a while. 
One night after church, 
Gabby was to curious not to ask if Philip hated her. Or if she did not please him?
Philip said , "I watched my entire family die.  I reported it to the authorities when it was just a threat but the authorities didn't care because they signed up for it . They did this because it was too easy to do and get away with . They wanted money they didn't need . Money  they just wanted .  Everyone 's. life was a price . Once they started , it was more of a price of freedom because they wanted to get away with it before their life was in jeopardy.
I spent years fighting the war so the war spent years tearing down everything I could accomplish and then tearing me down and reducing me to silence. The war abused me for crying once they tortured me to the point of screaming.  then once I was silent they tortured me more because they said I must be a robot if I don't say anything . they abused me for telling on them and then they abused me after they covered it up acting like I didn't tell on them . So it was my fault that the war was going on. 
The only thing I have left through it all was my faith in God and the belief  in something that you don't really need a book for.  my family bowed their heads to pray and because they wouldn't bow their head to being abused, they lost their life.  so my faith meant more to me . when your father dies it's an honor to own his Bible. I'm sorry I hurt you.
No one can understand anything that they don't believe in. 
You did nothing wrong. You showed up holding something that let a river rage over a damn. It had been simmering for a while. I see you as a blessing. I love you because you are my own family. I'm sorry again that I hurt you or that I come off ungrateful. 

The End 









No comments:

Post a Comment