Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Poetry I wrote in the past 2013-2014

Here are some older poems I wrote.
They date from 2012-2014.

Forgive Me
By
Jessica Singleton
12-29-2013

I would never hurt you.
It seems like
You go out of your way
To hurt yourself.
You do not understand.
I'm not your excuse.
Excuses come cheap to you.
Cause you are always so guilty
When you are innocent.
You need a reason
Because you just can't forgive me.
So it's that time of day
When we relive
Every damn mistake
I've ever made.
I do not have the right to be next to you.
But letting me go
Would tare you in two.
Besides you are not done blaming me.
And I will never know
Just what I have done to you.
It's never enough
Is it?
That anger you push into me.
While you attempt to make me see
You are the only one
wearing  Yourself  down.
You are out of control.
I do care.
You will never take the time to see
How much it hurts
To see you this way.
But if there is any part of you
still in there
I'm sorry I hurt you .

Just don't let go
By
Jessica Singleton
2014

Yesterday passed us by
Like wind chasing fallen leaves
Through the street
Everything that belongs to us
Is out of reach and forgotten
Everything we had fell apart
Moments are so weak
Our moments are flaking and fading into ash
The wind is so strong
So don't let go
You are happy but you are not listening
Cause you are spinning around and you are dancing
Your eyes are shut and locked
While you open your hands
This is heavy.
I can't hold this in by myself
I am screaming
But you can't hear behind closed doors
And I can only watch in slow motion
As yesterday turns into today
I can't let go
I will fall again
Everything will tare me down
Valentine's are careless children
They mean no harm
But Valentine's stain the pallet crimson
I don't think they understand
That they are thieves in black capped nightmares
Promise me now that you won't let go
You are mute
And I am deaf
So pure how you need your freedom
You beg my pardon
Because for you to breathe
You must let go
So if I love you
And I don't want to destroy you
I must let you be released
And your not sorry
And I am sorry
I'm turning into ash
I have no wings
 I'm in a rainstorm
Now my eyes are closed
As I start to spin out of control
Why did you have to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment