Saturday, April 21, 2018

Short story
By
Jessica singleton

I went into town with a friend the other day.
We walked around a shopping mall for about an hour. I bought a book that I have been wanting for a while. I had more fun talking to an old friend.
I needed that.  But she kept looking at her cell phone. Even still- I needed to talk about how I felt with anyone but brick walls and pages out of my diary.
I don't know how to scream. I'm creative but my creativity is always indirect.
Meaning that I draw a hanging upside down moon rather than say I'm unhappy.

Anyway she was hungry. So we went out to eat. I decided to go watch a movie in the theater when we were done. She went home to her dogs.

I sat in an empty theater and I watched a movie with a diet pop and a container of popcorn. The movie was great but I kept flashing back in my mind to all the events in my life. When the movie was over I drove home. The window was a sixth of the way down. I listened to music for the masses on cd by Depeche Mode.

When I got halfway home I stopped at a gas station for a drink. I went into a store that had just been sanitized and the whole place smelled like cleaner.

The guy at the counter was talking about sports.
He asked me if I knew who won the super bowl?

I told him I was at a movie theater, so I would never know. He accepted that because I had proof.

When I left I went home to go to bed.

The next day at work I saw that annoying Anthony guy. He is just a big jerk. He finds fault in everything. He singles everyone out just to embarrass them. If you say anything back- Anthony turns that into your out of control meaning that you should be reprimanded. I usually get the butt end of his pathetic jokes.

He has taken credit for my work for years.
He has stolen money from me.
He has lied and his lies have cost me the majority of my friendships.
And he then turned every situation into a
" Jessica is crazy " situation.

Well I expected the day to go as it always does.

I hardly get through breaking my nerves like nutshells and then driving home to clean my house for the 10 millionth time.
I was wrong. Anthony got caught. And it opened up everything everyone had been going through.
I did not have to wait or put through anything else. The main company just wanted the embarrassment to dissolve.
So I was paid all of my back money/ stolen money right then. I was given a promotion. With a raise. I was given my own redemption with the truth announced and no one took it back just because I was part Asian. No more lies. No over compensating after the fact.
And I was apologized to by the company.

On twitter I posted about loser pants and his bs exposure. I just could not keep my mouth shut. Then  out of no where Anthony screwed himself again. He kept taking in spiders for pets and he got bit and he had to go to the hospital. I was given the credit for my work finally and paid for this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment