Thursday, September 29, 2016

Written Excuse a short story by me Jessica Singleton



                                                            Written  Excuse
                                  A  fictional  story  by  me;  Jessica Anne Singleton



                   If there was an apology that could go under it all.  Then maybe there would not be this empty darkness that shadows in the lines that draw me.  If you wanted to meet me, it is to late for that too.  I lost myself a long time ago.


Watching the birds made Ty's afternoon easier to deal with.  He had been sober for two years.  Two years sounds like a moment to most people when talking about commitment.  But when you suffer from addiction, then two days is a year and two years is an eternity.  What is almost as bad as the constant itch is the memories.  Once you can see clear, then you cannot deny the truth to yourself.
That guilt is a bitch and she is your wife of twenty years.  She has nothing better to do then ride your ass for what you've done.  Even once she has told you.... Then that does not matter because she will tell you again.

Ty lived in a studio with his dog celluloid.  Cell was a tiny lil thing that looked like something out of a Dr. Seuss book.
Cell loved to play with his stuffed sock monkey.

Today was AA again.  Big Sal was Ty's sponsor.  Big Sal is what everyone called Sally.  Sally was a man.  He stood seven feet four inches.

That night when Ty got to the building.... He had good news to share.  He just got a real job.  His life had finally picked back up.  Things were looking around.

There are rules in AA.  One of those is to realize what you did and be willing to admit it.

The reason for this rule is that when you don't realize what you are doing, then you're going to keep doing the same thing.

Ty stood up and he said as he addressed the group;

" Hello my name is Tyler Frost.  I am 47 years old.  Today marks the 2 year mark that I have been sober.  I was not a bad man.  I lived a moderate but good life.  Then I lost my dad.  We were close.  He got sick and died.  I did not deal so well with that.  Then my wife came home one night and she told me that she wanted a divorce.  She did not know how to tell me that she did not love me.  She was just tired of being married to me.  We had one kid.  She and my kid meant the world to me. She informs me that she is taking custody of our son.  I fought her in the courts.  She won.  But just after that I was told that my son was in state custody.  My wife was on drugs.  So the state took my son.  I was an alcoholic and I had to many dui's.  The next thing that I know.... I am fighting dhs for my son.  Then I get this paper work I have to fill out and take to court.  I did fill it out.  I guess I was drunk when I got it.  Anyway I woke up one morning and I was out of boos.  I look over in the sink and I see all this paperwork.  I don't even remember getting it.  That is when I see that I missed my court date.  I did not have an excuse for not showing up.  So I lost my kid.  I drank more and more until I almost died from alcohol poisoning.  I woke up tired of waking up in my own blood and vomit.  So I had to sober up.  If I can find my way back they say I can work on getting my kid back.  My x wife ended up in Jail.  Corey is a bitch.  I will not say that in front of my son but she is. "

The next day Tyler walked to work.  He did okay for the first two weeks and then one day he got a call from a social worker.  She said that if he wanted he could keep his son for two hours.  Ty called in sick to work.  He did not bother asking for time off.  He got to spend two hours with his son.
Then the dhs worker started to look into Ty to make sure that he was doing everything that the state ask of him.
When she went to his new job, paths were crossed and his boss found out why he called in sick to work and the dhs worker wrote down that he lied to his boss.  She wrote down that he was not ready for full custody because of the way it looked.

So Tyler had to work a lil harder at proving himself.
Within four months of good behavior he got his son back.


                                                    The  End

No comments:

Post a Comment