Friday, January 27, 2017

Newer poems

Cat Mirror
Double sided marbles 
Broken man 
Vangough faded memories
Sleeping pill addiction 
Brought tiny to her knees 
She's got John on LP
Spinning out loud
Sitting at home and letting imagine echo off the empty box. 
Nothing has changed. 
Don't waste that lie on me
Nothing has changed here. 
You mean something here. 
But you are not forsaken and this is not your job. 
You don't have to do this at all. 
This you signed on for because you want it. This is over and you just want money. 
So don't act like you're the only person on the ship. 
You are no captain if this sounds good to you.
Don't try and turn this into all the souls you never cared about anyway ?!?!
You don't need my forgiveness. 
I'm not the president tonight. 
This is not my battle ship. 


Glass eyes
Pretty mask
He finds his love on the outskirts of downtown tonight. 
Anywhere she's not
But he'll find her there every night 
Cause he cannot let go

A
Tray
Full of yesterday 
Smoked all away. 
Cause you're not here.
I don't know where you went
I take it all in. 
I try to forget that I cannot stop the way I feel. 
There is no great excuse in my diary 
I just regret what I cannot control. 
You make it right. 
You make me feel the way I never can again. 
You should be with me. 
Wrapped around me. 
The life I cannot get back never felt so good. 
You deserve more than this 
And I'm not trying to belittle you. 
But you make me happy. 
She is great for you. 
Don't let her go. 
I'm so broken on the inside of me. You deserve more than a pretty glass package. 
From a distance this cannot go wrong 
But when I wake up... 
I know what reflection that you will see through 20/20 black and white photographs. 
I should stop building this up in my head. 
But when you love someone then you jump in head first. 
So you can fall until 
You crash and break. 
I stayed away to save you. 
I pushed you away so no one would ever hurt you. 
I do not want to drag you into hell. 
But more then that I don't want to get hurt either. 
I've had to many turns at pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment