Thursday, January 26, 2017

Taken astray

" The road to no where leads to me " Ozzy Lyrics


That there is the quote of the day.  Here is a short story about hell.



Taken Astray by Jessica Singleton

This comes in pieces.  
They give you just enough to see.
I could not deal with them anymore.
So I called a person out of the phone book.
I told them about it all.
They knew the number to the police.
Then the real authorities came and took them all down piece by piece.
Then I got my own life back piece by piece all at once. 

I was walking home once. I do not remember how old I was.  I do not know how long it took me to get there but when I got home, I was at my grandparents old house.  I was just walking in the back door with my beaded purse, like I knew where I was going.  My grandmother was in the kitchen.  She was cooking something. She turned to talk to me. I barely hugged her and then I went to the bath room.  When I bent down to wash my hands in the sink, I heard that sound.  The constant drip from my own mind's confusion.  That is when the bath room door opened and my dead grandfather walked in with an ax and my grandmother's head.  I gasp and I screamed.  I feel backwards and I sat on the toilet with my hand over my mouth. Then I woke up.

I have that dream a lot.  The one where I dream about being awake.  The one with ax and the old man George Washington Cherry tree moment.
My doctor said that it was my mind's and heart's way of saying that I felt taken advantage of. Like someone in charge took me for stupid.  I am in need of my own life back.
I stopped drinking alcohol before bed.  Well, I stopped getting drunk all the time.
Once I sobered up, I did not dream.

I had a nightmare about a man who owned an ax.  THE man with the ax wanted to shake my hand and I kept running from him.  He kept following me.  His right hand was a sock monkey.  It was not a puppet on his hand.  His left hand was dirty and odd looking.  That was the hand with the ax.  He wore an old bell hop uniform from some hotel that does not exist.  At least not in this century.
I do not know why I did not want to shake his dirty hands.  It was not the smell.  It was not the fish hooks that hung from his jacket pocket.  It was something else.  

A few days later when I finally got my court settlement , I stopped having dreams about freaks in shows who fuck you over and up the ass hill of life.

I moved away from the shithole town that I lived in.  I could eat clean food and not smell nasty losers around me.   I could even get real medical attention by real doctors.

                                                Then life went back to normal for 80 odd years. I lived a happy healthy life away from stink.


                                                         The  End






No comments:

Post a Comment