Saturday, March 31, 2018

In honor of the rock that was moved

I walk in the dark on evenings that invite.
I spend a lot of time remembering the faces
Of the people that I lost.
I only want to see them happy.
Because I can't know yet.
I can't stand the last look that I can only
imagine that was on their face.
I make up the most amazing gifts that I am sure
They would love.
The other door-
Passage really-
The only other thought
that I do not pay attention to-
I never stop and think about why
it would take a gift rather then me to make them happy.
I'm not excepting what this did to my family.
I still don't want to know that they did not love me.
I'm so used to feeling rejected by my own-
That I only sigh and move on.
I have found comfort in blaming the
people who did this rather than fact.


Stone hand
It takes a lot of water a lot of time
to make an impact on the earth.
It takes very few tears from one
person to break everything .
My bones don't like me some days.
My mind is unforgiving and relentless
I curl up and withdraw at the slightest pain.
I can't imagine the strength and power it would
Take one man to possess
 once he had been crucified
Just to move a stone.
I think the only thing more unbelievable-
Is the fact that he could forgive the people
who crucified him and mocked him.
It's hard to believe that anyone would
Have a harder time believing he existed.


Egg
I used to chase rabbits like a child in a fairytale.
One day out of every year-
My mother would put candy inside of plastic eggs
She told me that they were left by a bunny.
I would look and find them.
I didn't care if it took all day.
When I grew up and I became a woman-
I would take home the first stray cat or rabbit I could find.
But there wasn't anything inside of any of them.
They took turns playing with me until
there was nothing left inside of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment