Monday, October 30, 2017

Perspective by Jessica Singleton

Perspective
By Jessica Singleton
To: DWD

It's funny what they say about people
who live in glass houses.
But it's funny what people in
glass houses don't see on their own.
I guess my perspective sat down
And paid my heart a visit.
I have enough regret to start a war.
I've got a broken glass.
You have no idea how much someone
means to you.
Not until they want to leave.
But once they hurt you,
Perspective turns like a kaleidoscope.
It's funny how much you put up
with when you love someone.
Especially when you realize that they
are only leaving because you are pushing
them out.
They made a mistake.
They did not leave until
you told them it was over.
He has enough of me to move
the entire world out of place.
I cannot say anything to him
That he will not turn into a compromise.
He has no idea that I actually love him.
His regret...
His fear of losing me
Sticks out from behind his eyes.
It makes me forget my own broken heart.
It makes me feel like I hurt him.
I love him to much for this.
He cannot lose me.
Not over her.
Because I don't want to lose him either.

No comments:

Post a Comment