Monday, May 7, 2018

Spatula

I was walking down a clear path one night. I
needed to breathe fresh air and I wanted to relax.
I'm full of stress and regret.
I'm sick of being abused by my own paranoia.
I found this wooded road. It went on for about a mile.
I don't know why I felt like walking so far.
Most people would just turn around and leave.
But I'm not most people.
I saw an abandoned railroad track.
The tracking ended abruptly because
there has not been a train in over 40 years.
Not in this town.

So anyway the path lead to a graveyard.
The graveyard was old.
Forgotten lost souls.
I picked some wild flowers and
 I put them on a child's grave.
A child who had been dead for over thirty years.
I sat on a rock.
I chewed a stick of gum and I
realized I was st my little sisters grave.
I don't know why but I kept wanting to wake up.
I was not dreaming.
I was finally seeing the truth.
The truth that I lied to myself about.

No comments:

Post a Comment