Sunday, May 20, 2018

The flutter of wings

I don't know why I don't sleep.
Today I signed a piece of paper that
I think I should never have signed.
Whatever that is I will either forget
Or I will become paranoid about.

So I should write something.

Why?

Prove I am me.



tinnitus

By

Jessica Singleton

I walk in the dark
when I cannot sleep.
My shadows scream
white noise and display
the flutter of wings.
They build cities inside
my mind-
Pardon my ignorance
but I can't sit while
they persecute my honesty.
Lack of tolerance for your 
lack of tolerance .
It crawls inside of me
Clawing it's way to the 
incinerator
And I become my 
own purgatory.
I'm expected to tell 
everyone that I
don't believe in the rules 
because I don't
break the rules 
like everyone else.
Sadly everyone else is 
the problem
and the only thing 
wrong with me is
the fact that I actually 
read the rules before 
I translated them 
into bullshit...


A cat named Valium

By

Jessica Singleton

I went for a drive up to the cost yesterday.
I spent the day in the grey sky.
I needed the time alone.
I ate in my car.
I was listening to David Bowie.
I picked up a newspaper.
The worlds idea of news -
Sounds more like a reply to a rhetorical question.
I get tired of waiting for answers.
But when I calm down and my paranoia subsides...
The truth is calming and permanent.
I just can't hear over my anxiety attacks.
I'm learning to live in a world that can't understand me.
I'm not that bad or annoying.
Actually I only got the dirty look from ignorance because I said no.
No one wants to hear that you are not pleased or that you don't agree.
No one said that they could not have their own opinion.
I just said I had my own too.

I got my own freedom and redemption when I let myself breathe...

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment