Friday, September 22, 2017

Love ❤️ song to a man of clouds

When in doubt
By
Jessica singleton

October skyline fell apart
Smudged in cloudy paint water
Mapping out the tiny lines that
Define my expression.
I almost wonder how much of me
Can. Be seen there.
You say you know me.
You can see me when
I turn away.
But you know me when in doubt.
I hide myself from everyone.
At least I thought I tried.
You make me believe when I'm in doubt.
Cause you know me
Well enough to find me
I wanted to say
You threw me away.
That I'd finally seen the light
That I'd walk away this time for good.
But I realized again that I loved  you
When I was in doubt.
Cause my heart refused to let you go.
And I have never had a better reason
 to be in doubt.
So I had to let go of every reason
 to be in doubt.
I'd have to let you in.
Like a ledge that over looks a nightmare.
Nothing safe to bet on here.
Whatever lies beneath that broken cliff
Is nothing compared to the thought
 of losing you for good.
I'd rather suffer another headache
Then to wonder what ever happened to you.
I doubt I'm much.
I'm really not that strong.
But I need to know that you are okay.
That no one will ever break your heart.
You really have no reason to be in doubt.
I am sorry though if you have ever
 felt like doubting me.
I will never treat you like that again.


No comments:

Post a Comment