Thursday, September 21, 2017

New writing ideas by me

Off Set Tension
By
Jessica Singleton
A door knob that looks like a hand.
A memory hanging on the wall.
A silent prayer locks it all away.
That is the tension that builds deep within these walls.
Bottles pile up and candy remains.
I drank the rest of the past.
I'll finish the rest tomorrow.
I'll be here then and tonight.
That will never change.
This empty feeling.
This sparrow flys throughout me.
I cannot escape myself.
I am unchanging.
Always alone with the books of words that crawl out of me.


Within
By
Jessica Singleton

Within me is what you'll never be.
Something you could never understand.
You just act it out.
What you hear in the crowd.
You chime into other people's conversations.
But no one has the time to be that bored.
You lie and scream at wolves.
But the gate is open and those dogs are mad as hell.
Now you're within arms reach of death.
You will crawl for less attention on days when you care.
Pathetic how the night dies behind your eyes.
Don't cry yourself to sleep tonight.
There is no audience for plastic sheets.
Tip toe around my outcry.
Tell me you are sorry.
Say it like it is not written in front of you.
Within the truth
Is all the lies you caused.
Now and only now
will you find out what is caused
from what is within me.
You are nothing but a hatched excuse
For other people's wasted time.


Laughter
By
Jessica Singleton

She is dancing around my head.
She is a free spirit.
She will never age a day past childhood.
I know what everyone's opinion is.
She repeats it in chants.
Like it is the book that changed her life.
I hear those memories
Of every moment of every day.
I can feel it crawl up my back and scratch.
Giving me less ability to stand up on my own.
But what is the point?
You cannot be something you're not.
Why pretend to please?
When you do not want it.
She mocks my pain.
Where is my darkened release?
I guess those were just stories too...
Nothing harms the self esteem like regret.
Not opinions.
Just your own regret.
I cannot stand up to
what I carry around inside myself.
I was never that strong.
She laughs.
She points and she hopes
That she has made me this way
I am abused
But not humiliated.




No comments:

Post a Comment