Monday, September 25, 2017

Silent cry 🍭🖤💜💙

I burnt dinner tonight. I did not plan that. No problem really.
I kind of want a pet. I am lazy. So I guess I will write something new. I did not go anywhere. I've stayed home.

Sock Puppet
By
Jessica Singleton

She dresses her moon in crimson petals.
It shades the map.
Directions based on mythology.
Hands in the dark find new pockets.
Tell them the crash test dummy
Brain washed you with subliminal messages.
Push the handle
Russian Roulette board game
Cry bloody bell
Sing the innocent to sleep.
Passing days with death mask expressions.
Lyrics in lines
Nailed to the card.
It runs out
It echoes
Through the rumors
Truth held so lightly
Damaged misunderstanding
But what you hold inside
Will take flight
And you'll be the one in tears.
Push the handle
Russian roulette board game
Cry bloody bell
Sing the innocent to sleep.


Cradle Clive Raven
By Jessica Singleton

Innocence is a fragile piece of art.
Held by the hands of the ignorant.
I'm guilty of being angry.
I'm guilty of wishing for you to finally fall.
But I'm glad that I'm not guilty of the loss
Of your innocence.
I never let it sink in.
The idea that you were anything
but a monster.
So I never considered you at a dinner table
With family conversation or a set of dishes.
But I'm sorry and only for one reason
If your mistakes lead you into
Anything that could have harmed
your unborn brat.
A person who had nothing to do with
All the insanity in the world-
It is sad really.
It is not my place.
Heaven knows it is not my fault
But I know that kind of pain to well.


The off brand napkin holders-
By
Jessica Singleton

They come in thin plastic sleeves.
Not crystal or even glass.
Most men don't ask for directions.
They don't think long enough for that.
So picking out place settings is silly.
They would eat with their hands if they could.
Pathetic how yard sale ornaments
get used like that.
They never throw things like that out.
Men are lazy.
They use it until it breaks.
Then they forget where they left it.


 X obituaries
By
Jessica Singleton

Boston cream pie sits next to her
political collection of news clippings.
Out on the table with her keys.
The flower vase is a garden of dust jackets.
She is never around anymore,
but she can feel the echo of
what she left behind.
It is in the obvious place.
The line just beneath the truth.
Spoken in thoughts.


Hollywood charity
By
Jessica Singleton

Only your pockets can fill their eyes.
Never enough to know how to abuse a lie.
Placed in front of you.
To cover up their guilty verdict.
She doesn't deserve a second chance.
She took away everyone else's.
She had no reason and no right.
There will never be forgiveness here from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment