Thursday, September 28, 2017

The colors of the broken

The world
By Jessica Singleton

The world cannot wait to inject
themselves with insanity.
Anything works for a waste of time.
And the rain is translucent
To the people who don't see or feel.
I'm alone in front of the world.
While your words are painted up beside me.
I'm walking around in circles.
Next to a mirror of yesterday.
I wish you would let go of my hand
If all you're going to do is
drag me through this.


Watchful hand
By Jessica Singleton

Those seconds
Finger tips
Run short.
They are five minutes late
For our conversation.
Tell me if you have had
Enough of my time.
Tell if it feels good to manage
To suck the life out of any shred of hope left


Hymns of the mother
By Jessica Singleton

Tell us mother if you carry
innocence to it's graves?
Tell us what you sing on Sunday,
while you bow your head.
To the father-
To the ghost
To the son that you never planned to carry.
Stick your finger up
Point us all in the right direction
God knows where that fingers been


Alone with my thoughts
By Jessica Singleton

I don't get an apology tonight.
They could never understand
Besides their sorry words are no
More important than the lie that started it.
I don't know any speech or sounds to
express how I truly feel or what happened to me.
I feel like the last person on the earth.
All the other people seem like
silhouettes on bathroom doors.
I feel so surrounded.
The abuse levels I've endured
have built a city within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment