Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Unit 123

This is not one of my stories.  But when I'm done talking it will sound like a Tales from Crypt episode or one of my nightmares.

One year ago, I got a storage unit because I moved out of my apartment in Dewey Oklahoma to move back home to where I grew up.
The only reason was that I wanted to move into a home of my own. I had money coming to me. I wanted to buy a home.
I put everything into storage. I packed the boxes but I did not put them in the storage unit. Lewis and David did most the hard work, along with MeriJo.
I just stood there kind of off the wall like.
No pun intended.
So anyway...
I did not go back to the Unit 123 all year. I had no reason.
I thought about putting more of my stuff into it but there was not a lot of room to begin with.
Only because the furniture took up so much room to begin with.
The only day it took us to load up that storage unit, I locked a brand new lock that I just took out of the package. I put one key on my key ring and I gave the spare key to Joann. Joann said that she would put the spare key into her glove box in the silver car.

Earlier this morning, I was about to get online. Then I heard the doorbell ring downstairs. I assumed that the real estate woman needed me to sign more paperwork. She  has  really had to work hard with me. I do not drive anymore due to my vision. I have a state id drivers  license but I do not drive.
She is always having to drive me to and from meetings.
I am sorry for that.
So I went down stairs.
It was a cop.
He ask if I was Jessica Singleton.
I said yes.
He said that he got a call from the guy who owns the Washington county storage units. He caught some guys trying to break into my unit.
The cop wanted  me to go check my unit to see if anything was missing.
Then to  call the cop and the manager and press charges.
I went to the unit and it had a  different lock on it altogether.
The lock on  my unit was golden instead of silver.
The manager had to put it on because my lock was gone.
It did not make sense.
He had them on tape doing it.
They were men and they were going through my unit.
He acted like they took something.
The odd thing, they did not cut the lock to get into my unit.
They had a key to my lock.
Only me and Joann had a copy of that.
It is like they had invisible fingers.
This really is happening.
I have to find a time this week to go back there and literally go through every single box.
I cannot imagine what they were looking for.
Why say that?
Well, I will tell you why?
I keep recites for everything.
Books and magazines have isbn numbers.
That is track worthy.
The recite for that item has the isbn number on it too.
Okay
Let us say they want to pretend to be me.
Again why
I do not have a sarcastic answer for that but they  cannot explain why the cops saw men breaking into my unit and stealing stuff that was put in there from my old apartment.
I have the recite for those items.
I am the one filing the report.
So.....
Would not that prove they were the one stealing to bother me.
If it was me, why not just close it out and have it legally.
Why leave the door open?
Apparently they are dumb .
He did say they were men.
I do know that I never gave anyone the right to go through my storage unit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment