Sunday, February 11, 2018

poems about love and regret



Duch Whiskey 🥃
Black coffee tastes good
But whiskey taste better off your lips
I like it when you smile
But I love the way you breathe into my neck
When you release yourself into me
I can't get enough of you
If you only knew how much
I dream about you
I could never have what it would take
To tell you how I feel.
So I will write it on a piece of paper.
I will fold my feelings in two
And I will leave them here for you.
That way by the time you find them.
I will have walked away and I will not have
To know if you don't feel the same.
I can keep in my fantasies a little longer.


Take it in
The doors here lock from both sides
of  our eyes.
It can work both ways.
I don't want to shut you out
But I can't take this in
Not like this
I think we take turns
Locking each other out.
I'm only sorry it took this long to let you in


Sacramento

she is a waitress.
She is the after hours crowd for him
Just found in the nights like this.
Because the reason he is drinking coffee at 11 pm
Has nothing to do with his thirst
He kept a black book that turned into a belt.
What he lost over his lack of control
Haunts his memories and gives him the nerves
To make small talk with strangers
He will do anything to not feel the regret


Box set
I'm watching the dial tonight
My after hours crowd is kicking in
I'm drunk and consumed with regret
Can I just not feel like this
Not all the time
I just need a night off
Cause laughter is the regret in the alone hours
And tomorrow will be worse then today
I heard the weather man at 2 am
He knows nothing about small talk
He only pisses me off
I flipped off the box set
And I spent my night in a book.
Everyone wants a piece of my time
They take more of me which is
They are taking my life away
And they leave me alone in a staticky state
Where all I want to do is
release my self from their corner.
I shut the door and I block them out


Meghan

If you only knew all the things
I can remember when I meet someone new.
You would assume that you had invited me over to dinner
And mom- you would be introduced to her.
It's funny how she would only be a visitor and not a guest.
She is a lot of hers and not one is right for me
I only think about family because now I feel unwelcome at my own table
I'm not a boy anymore
I almost wish I was
Because I need you to hug me and say that it's going to be alright.
Someday I will meet someone and I know it will finally feel right
But I don't understand why I can't forget all the times it
It hurt like this.

1950's truck
Freedom is the wind from the open road.
Time is a hitchhiker from south of no where
God all time I spared
Every no where left shot glasses and postcards
On my night stand
None of that accounts for what I gave up

Love me and don't change me.
Tell me it is okay.
Cause you know we aren't going to leave what we have found here.
You like the way I hold you and I love the way you laugh
We will get past this.
We always do
And I do love you


No comments:

Post a Comment