Monday, June 4, 2018

Awaken the dawn

Awaken the Dawn 
By Jessica Singleton 

I was never given my own right.
Like lambs for the slaughter.
You have everyone else's blood on 
your mind- while you speak on their behalf.
Does it pain you to awaken the dawn of night? Do you play with the shadows of the lost souls that you martyered ?
Because you have spinning wheels running 
behind your lies.
You never owned me.
That is no ones right 
to have and hold.
I am not a gear shift. 


Civil liberties 
By
Jessica Singleton 

It's written in stone and blood 
You will never be able to lie 
again.
The truth echoes.
And you are only on display. 
Held so delicately on bended knee.
This vindicated mirror is not your alter.
You have no forgiveness here.
Only debt and truth.
No child will cry you to sleep again.
I will never have to be punished for 
anyone else's insanity again.
I'm free.





No comments:

Post a Comment