Saturday, January 27, 2018

Corn colored pumpkin patch

Just some old words and some new words.

Corn pumpkin
By Jessica A Singleton

Written 11-23-2015

Your eyes are nothing
but a cold dark room.
I have a forest on my head.
It stands as a door to a realm
that I have locked away .
I walk through the white pumpkin patch
And
I listen to the trees talk amongst themselves.
They whisper secrets.
I know most of them by heart.
I just don't let the pain show through.
It glimmers from behind what is damned.
I have no release.
So I refuse to give you the right
that you have already taken away.
Suffer well
You will not have any rights here again.
This time I will scream.
This time I will let the gates of hell open their arms
And
I
Will let you die by your own hands.


Strength and ambition
By
Jessica Singleton

That whisper that no one else
in this room can hear is strength.
They must be weak and desperate
to hold me like this.
I have a lot of silent wishes
and all of those are what is left
of my ambition.
I'm free inside
But out here-
I don't matter to the sick and deleterious.
They only see what they desire and crave.
And just when I think it is too late.
When I feel torn in two.
I notice how I'm stronger than this.
They only get worse and sicker.
And I have to be getting stronger
Because I am not dying.
So there will come a day when
they finally disintegrate
And they will be no more.


Apple sentiment
By
Jessica Singleton

I have a vintage collection of your intentions.
They have fallen into a distant memory.
I miss you so much
that I read my past moments with you in lines.
You remind me of the fall and candle lit rooms.
I'm only sorry that you are not here
to let me help you feel this desire.
You are a beautiful dream that haunts me.
And if you only knew that
I really am in love with you.
But you're off on a cruise ship
sailing around the Bermuda Triangle.

No comments:

Post a Comment