Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Pickled okra

Without reason 79 
By Jessica Singleton 

I can see inside the table by my bed.
It is made of glass.
I am alone.
I have been in this waiting room for ever.
I am not your victim.
I don't punish people for their sex lives
And I'm not getting punished for being abused.
Don't hand me a number.
I don't give a sh:t.
I only want my freedom and my life back.
If you 
Don't mind 
When 
Other people 
Lie 
straight to your face 
Only because 
They want to 
Use you 
To save 
Themselves 
Then 
Don't assume 
That I am anything like you.
Because I am not like you.
Do
Not 
Abuse me.
I get enough abuse from everyone else 
You are free of me
But know this 
I want my own life back 
And my freedom 
You are not allowed to bargain that.
And 
One 
Other thing
Leave my writing 
ALONE 

No comments:

Post a Comment