Thursday, July 21, 2016

Why I respect Dr. Seuss

I am going to write a blog about an Author that I respect.  I am a big Dr. Seuss fan.  I am not making a joke.  I am serious.
So that is what this blog is dedicated to;
Dr. Seuss is not alive to get his butt kissed so this is NOT an attempt to get attention.
Thanks.
In respect;
Dr. Seuss died in September 1991 according to the world wide web.


"Cause after all, a persons a person no matter how small."



When I was a little kid, Dr. Seuss books were in the school library.  Our teachers would read them to us.  They expected us to go into the school library and to check out books to read.  I owned The Cat In The Hat by Dr. Seuss in my own home.  I had heard all of his stories a hundred times.

I knew when I was a little girl, that someday I would be a writer.  I would hold out my story books and I would ignore the words.  Then I would pretend that I was reading to a room full of people.  I was alone.  I would read them my story....  I was not retarded.  I was 8 years old.  There was nothing wrong with playing pretend and having hopes or goals.  I never said I wrote a Dr. Seuss book.

Every year at Christmas, I would re-watch that movie The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.  It was a cartoon.

When I was a child, I learned to read at the age of 5 years.  The first book I ever learned to read was Little Bear.  Little Bear is not by Dr. Seuss though...  My grandma taught me.

In school they wanted kids to read out loud.  I never liked getting up in front of people.  You had to get used to it.  Dr. Seuss made you feel comfortable.  He rhymes the words and he'd make up silly words.  So you never have to feel out of place or wrong.  He helps you learn in a fun way.
When I was a kid, I would  organize everything that came around me.  I used to get into trouble at other people's homes, because they did not want me to re organize their magnets on their ice box.

I would organize my candy by colors.

In his books, he would use one color or two colors.  Then the rest of the pictures were black and white.

He was fun.
I had a Cat in The Hat hat for humans to wear that I got in the tenth grade. I got it at a Halloween store in the Washington Park Mall.... Every year Coatch House Gifts would open that Halloween store.   I also had a cat in the hat tee shirt I used to wear in the 11th grade....
I have seen the human movie with Jim Ca.....

I don't mind it.
I guess I like that too.
but that movie of the classic cartoon did not inspire me to like Dr. Seuss.

I moved to Dewey Oklahoma in 2011.  I would go to the library and if I saw a Dr. Seuss book that I did not know of, then I would check it out.
I have owned some since.

Then in the last three months I moved back to Bartlesville Oklahoma.

I am not insane.
I am not Dr. Seuss.
I am not obsessed.  

But I do respect Dr. Seuss.

I do not write children's books myself.
I am not published and what I do was not meant for an older audience.

I will say this about Children's authors.....
Meaning someone who writes books for kids to read.

If there is an adult out there who can keep the attention of a room full of children.  And the kids have to just sit and be silent while an adult talks....
They must be very powerful and amazing.  
Children do not sit down for anything.


One time I traced a cat in the hat in a letter that I gave Heather.  She said, that she hated him.  She did have some tee shirts that her mom picked out for her.  She only wore them cause they were baby doll shirts and they did not make her feel fat.  Her mom only bought them cause they were cheap.

I do not mimic my friends and they do not mimic me.

No comments:

Post a Comment