Friday, July 29, 2016

Yesterday's News a poem I wrote last night.

Last night I was listening to The Scorpions C D  Crazy World.  I love the beat of Tease me please me.  But the lyrics of Winds of Change are amazing.

I have a lot on my mind.  When I want to unwind I listen to music and I let my mind wonder.  Anyway I decided to write something.

It is not a knock off of anything.
It is called yesterday's news.

Sorry if I come off cheesey .  I am not a fat head.

I cannot sit next to you.
Not if you're going to die.
I can't let this go.
and I cannot get used to you.
cause I'm already losing my grip.
and you seem to be the only one that I want to hold onto.
We'll fly away from here.
Just you and me.
Just like yesterday when we were children and we were innocent.
Like we'll never be again.
Not with this.
It will hang us all until we lose our breath.
They wrote it down in the papers.
I read it twice.
I just cannot believe it.
I never will.
and you know it seems just like yesterday when it comes alive.
every time I read the lines.
Black and white is separated so easy,
when they sit side by side.
They work well in photography.
You'd think we'd be the past.
That fashion stage built
but we're here.
where everyone else was.
and it is not working out.
We will not be our parents mistakes.
We are not our parents.
You have my hand.
you have nothing else.
We will not cry tonight.
We will fly away from here.
It is okay for now.
Tomorrow is not at the back door.
by;  Jessica  A  Singleton




No comments:

Post a Comment