Monday, July 11, 2016

Your Next Answer ( fictional story )





                                                       Your  Next  Answer
                                                           By;  Jessica  Singleton
                                                                  A fictional story that will never happen




I walked into town today.  I sat on a park bench and I watched the sun hide behind the clouds embrace.  I wanted the warmth from the wind on my skin and I wanted to just sit in vast nothingness of the day. I was up before 3PM.  I was not drunk today.  For me that is a life time of an accomplishment.  
I'm not in AA meetings.  Those are for addicts.  I am just a void filler.  I don't know how to let go of the past,  and I don't know how to hold on to reality.  So I fill the void with anything that numbs it all away.  Fast prescription.  
I am not a problem for myself.  I am not insane.  If I was insane, then I wouldn't need a void filler.  When you're insane, then you deal with everything and you don't care.  You are hysterical with laughter.

Anyway I did not want to go home.  I live alone in an apartment.  No one is there to bother me, but I hear the past echoing off of everything.  Funny how when you have something that is in your life, you never know just how much it means, until the day it goes away.  Then you are haunted by every little thing in your home.  It reflects off of everything.

Then the screams and fights and the guilt kicks in and you are lost before five o'clock in the afternoon.  You just keep the memories going like slideshows.  And you'll waste your life away thinking of yesterday.

My life anymore is an after taste for yesterday.  I can still feel it on me.  I just can't reach it anymore.  

The spiders were something that no one saw coming.  They were just a government experiment gone wrong.  Most people ignore them.  They act like they don't exist.    They can see them.  They know they are there.  But when you ask about the spiders, they play dumb and people will call you insane.

Sounds simple enough....  A tiny creature.  Why not buy some spray at the store and then zap them gone?

Somethings in life do not have a death sentence.  They live a blessed existence.  As though they were immortal.  No one cares about tiny spiders.

Those with questions don't get answers.  They get their question re directed back at themselves.  
Accusations are better for people with something to hide.

They ask me what I have to say for myself?  I should not have to say anything.  I did not do this.  I do not create spiders and I do not mass produce science experiments in labs that go wrong.

What they did to those monkeys made them a real spider monkey.  Some creature that was half monkey, part spider and then part human.

I am not God and I did not create the world.
I am not Darwin and I am not Einstein.

I am just a simple woman who lives with a half alive plant.  I read to pass the time.  I like movies. I see the shows.  Who doesn't?
I almost keep up with world affairs.  But I am no one.  Not really though.  How should I know about monkeys.

I suffer from paranoia and depression.  
 That means that I have trust issues and that I am sad.

When you disagree with someone, they'll laugh at you.  The only thing that they have to say is that you must be depressed.
They think just because you don't agree with them, that it means your brain does not work right.  As though they are never wrong. Or that you are not allowed to have your own opinion. 

It is odd because that is the same definition to the concept of rape.

They take advantage of you when you say no.  

I am no more responsible for what goes wrong in the world,
then the U.S. Government is responsible for the attacks during the 911 tragedy.  

They got a letter telling them that there would be a problem.
They did not tell the general area or the businesses  in those areas what was said.

Then it happened.

I don't find 911 funny.  That is just sick and sad.  

Someone threatens me or my family.  I go tell the cops.  I fax a letter over seas and I cuss them out.  
Don't you ever threaten my family again, or I will press charges and I will  put you in jail.

Then they attack someone.
I did not tell them to do anything.
I did not pay them.
I did not force them to do anything.
I did not have a gun to their head.
The cops did not care.
Okay, so how am I responsible for what they did?
It is not my fault that they are a jerk.
In fact it is not my fault at all.

I got up off the bench.  I walked through the park for a while.  I saw a kite stuck in a tree.  I walked over to it.  It was not a kite at all.  It was a stuffed animal pig head with a string hanging from it.  Then I heard the slithering sounds.  The pig head slid off of the glass jar.  The jar was filled with cookies.  The jar was covered in blood.  The pig head was only a mask for the remains of what looked like dried skin and blood.
The jar fell to the ground and it broke.
The cookies were not real cookies.
They were the palms of children's hands that had been cut into circles with cookie cutters.
Someone took the time to decorate the tiny hands like the way you'd decorate cookies.
I turned to walk away and I bumped into someone.
I just about jumped out of my own skin.
It was only a man with a dog.  They were not a treat to me.
When I walked away, I turned back to look at the man and his dog.
The man pulled a rounded cookie cutter out of his pocket.
Then he smiled at me.
I just walked on a little faster.

Anyway-

I finally got home.  
When I got there, all I wanted was a drink of cold water.
That sounded like heaven.
Ice cold water.

I heard this tiny noise coming from the hallway closet.  I walked over and I opened the closet door.

There was a tiny spider in the corner.  She had a needle and thread.  She was sewing a web.  I apologized to her for interrupting her art.
She flipped me off.
I closed the door.

Then I heard another noise.  I walked back over to the kitchen door.  I could see inside of the kitchen.  My cold glass of water was sitting on the table.  I wanted that glass of water.  But there was a tiny little spider monkey standing by it.  He picked it up and he drank it in front of me.  How could you be mad at a tiny baby monkey?  They are so cute.
That is when he opened his mouth until it stretched to ten feet or so.  A man stepped out of the monkey costume and he was about ten feet tall.  He was the man from the park.  
He opened his mouth.  His teeth were spider legs and they were sewing a web that looked like a tongue.  I ran and I opened the back door to my apartment.  That back door only opened the hallway closet.  I ran into that closet, and I was stuck in a web.Then the darkness came and I realized the closet was his mouth.  He was going to eat me.  
That is when I woke up and it was only a bad dream.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment